Question 2. How do I get these services?

There are some services that you can access through the Home and Community Care (HACC) Program. These include but are not limited to:

·    domestic assistance, centre-based day care and meals, transport etc.

·    there is no formal assessment required to access these services. You can contact GOCSA directly.

If you have more complex needs, a Home Care Package (HCP)  may be right for you. You can access similar services through HACC, but on top of this, the HCP services are coordinated and tailored to meet your specific needs.

Some facts about Home Care Packages:

·                 there are four levels of packages to cater for different needs

·                 a formal assessment by a member of an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) is required before you can get a package.